View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 01:10 PM
MasterOfPuppets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
On the last bid, there were many unfilled vacancies on the 756, A320, and 737 in both SFO and EWR, and a few other bases sprinkled in. This new bid, has those vacancies, and then some. I did not expect to see the number of EWR756 in this bid because I had assumed they were right sizing that status with people moving to DCA, LAX, and SFO, I was wrong quite a few vacancies back in EWR. The past few vacancies there have been unfilled 737, A320, and 756 positions, so I expect those to be offered in new hire classes.

Purely guessing from how the classes dropped last year - I would guess roughly 15 737 (SFO/EWR), 10 A320 (SFO/EWR), 5 756 (EWR).
looking at the min Max it looks like they are allowing the 320 staffing to decrease. It is going to be tough to get enough to Bid off to cause unfilled in my opinion, we’ll see.

the 737 is coming out of storage as fast as they can get them into a check and there are more MAXs coming this summer too. I think they are going to really focus on shoving people into the right seat of the 737 to stay ahead of growth. The 320 fleet is staying in storage longer and the 757 fleet is coming out very slow.