Thread: AE Bid Regret
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 04:58 AM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I am curious about this statement. I also don't like "going" to work" and some of the early east coast wake-ups can be brutal but the actual "work" of flying the aircraft is still very enjoyable to me as I am sure it is to most of us.

Sometimes thinking about going to work and being gone for four days is worse than the actual work. I have also noticed that when I am in a groove working consistently but not overdoing it everything seems better. The longer it has been since the last trip the harder it seems to jump back into it.

Thoughts?

Scoop
Personally, there's almost nothing I dread about coming to work. It certainly beats having a real job. But the left-behind spouse and kids have much to dread about anything over a 2-day, so many of us carry that weight. I'm not sure I'd want the alternative - a family who doesn't care if you're around or not - although with time perhaps that will "blossom" :-) We do what we can to make life as easy and enjoyable as it can be on the home front in our absence, but life is generally better at home. The family gets in the same grove you mention...but it's a groove of tolerance and adjustment and not a preferred state of existence, I think.