View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 11:11 AM
zippinbye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A
Default AE Training Order & A220 Throughput

I specified "Train After Junior Pilots" on my AE preference. Sure enough, I appear last on the award list for SEA220A, although I'm #3 in category and likely #1 to train if not for my election to train after junior folks.

Can this be unwound? I was afraid of losing my summer vacation, but now that I see the volume of awards in all seats and bases, not sure I'm excited about waiting a year to train.

Relevant sub-questions:

1) Does anybody have a guess at the 220 training throughput capacity? I could count the total number of 220 awards and come up with a guess for my training time frame of I know the pilots per month capacity for IQ.

2). Does that "train after junior" election run within category, or across the entire company? Either way, would it be prudent to assume a training priority might be applied to staffing a new category?

Just trying to get a feel for where I'll fall in the training hierarchy. Last out of 50-something in category might be fine, but I'd rather not be last in all of Delta. First world issues, I know, but I just like to have an idea of what to expect. I didn't email or call the Training Planners because I'm sure they are swamped right now.