View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 10:52 AM
Knobcrk1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
I cannot believe I have to point this out, but the capacity issues are killing the businesses. Just like you cannot survive as an airline flying around with only 10% of your planes full, businesses are paying the same rent on buildings and tables and trying to keep the same people employed, but only serving a fraction of the paying customers. So yes, because it doesn't affect you personally you don't see the impact of the capacity restrictions - but then again, it is not about you.
Government stimulus did keep the non essential business on life support but there’s also the issue of the tiny minor thing that is the global deadly pandemic. You can have it open all day, people won’t come if they’re too afraid of catching the virus. The focus shouldn’t be on how to get people out again, it’s to focus on keeping the rates low. Only then will people go out and spend at these businesses. I know you don’t believe this concept and you and your friends and neighbors wanted to take on the rona head on but the majority do not. High cases directly has an effect on these businesses.