View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 11:18 AM
4thwall
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2021
Default Great resource

First let me say that reading through this whole thread has been a great resource, thanks to all for contributing.

I've recently applied for an ASI position and have made it through the interview... now awaiting further. I have two questions if anybody has any insight:

I know a couple of my references have been contacted. Does this mean it's my job to lose at this point? Or is it likely I am still in a pool with a couple other applicants? This is for a specific location, not a national posting.

Someone mentioned above that the ability to use a part 135 checkride in lieu of the flight check expired in October. Is that still the case? That seemed like such a great common sense step, obviously due to Covid (which in October certainly wasn't over yet), but also to save money/time/resources as a permanent step as well. From what a lot of people are saying about the FAA check ride it sounds like a part 135/121 check is harder anyway, and will often involve a week of training leading up to it (Flight Safety and the like).

Appreciate the help!

Last edited by 4thwall; 05-05-2021 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Typo