View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 08:29 AM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by flywithjohn View Post
I might be bold in saying this, but I think the majority of the 9E pilots feel this way and understand what’s going on - we are looking for contractual career progression on our own merit, not at the expense of continued scope violations to our brothers and sisters at DALPA.

DAL seems to be trying to merge the 9E PFA campaign and DLs 35 RJ furlough mitigation LOA. They are two different things, and should be negotiated as such. No concessions on either side of the fence.
Yeah, to me it's weird for Delta to combine the two, its weird for my side (DALPA) to let them set the tone. My guess is there's two reasons, probably more, to letting Delta tie this all together.

One: the Company (in this case parent Company DAL) is going to set the messaging for the court and you cant fight that and win, for the union you gotta find ways to use managements words against them. "Ya know, management has always maintained that we, the Association, have no input on hiring. We are happy Delta has changed their minds and look forward to our brave new world where DALPA has say in hiring, anyway, about those wide bodies." Or something like that. Or maybe, "we are glad delta sees this as such an integrated part of the future of the airline, and we agree the Association has all rights and duties to negotiate our scope at every level, widebody to RJ, so about those widebodies."

Two: let the Company go in there and make the insane argument the flow up and the flow down are connected in this contractual bridge between to companies and two contracts, so all four sides must have a voice. Then have NJ walk in there, sip his diet pop (soda), and say "so about those wide bodies".

I understand its wise to sow chaos in the union employee ranks, be it your own employees or a wholly owned employee group. I don't think this will work, and if that means me hanging around B55 with a cupcake stand and an AMA poster to make sure EDV guys know Delta pilots as a whole arent trying to screw them, im being paid to do nothing, its not like I don't have time.