View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 04:24 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I'm torn on this recall. The lack of a meeting and the perception that the lack of a meeting is only to hold onto their positions really bothers me. KO was an ardent TA1 supporter, I voted against him 2 years ago and I'd love to see him never hold an ALPA position again. You can't ever be THAT wrong and be allowed a position of authority again, it grates on my nerves that C44 elected such a clown.
Many of the people who voted yes for TA1 negotiated and worked on C16, which passed by 82%.

It constantly surprises me that pilots, professionals who are sticklers for compliance with all sorts of regulations (some of which are mostly nonsense) figure that we should just blow off Georgia regulations on meeting size.

It might come across that I'm some superfan of C44 Reps, I'm not. Politicians come and go. What matters is the work that gets done. We've had 4 LOA's directed and passed during COVID. Most of us have either kept our jobs or moved up in relative seniority. As terrible as this pandemic was, it wasn't that bad for us, especially given our company lost $12,500,000,000.00 last year. The C44 Reps didn't simply pander or seek popularity. They made pragmatic decisions to best protect the pilots they represent.

New elections are in October.