View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 02:46 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by Captn O View Post
Another domestic guy here going to the 330. Is the large 26’’ bag a necessity or can I get away with using my standard 22’’ bag?
I'm not sure how people think they will pack differently for a 3-4 day international trip vs a domestic? Despite popular belief, this is NOT what international Delta pilots look like on the layover:

I did six day trips regularly with my 22" bag and it was just fine, including a spare uniform shirt and pants (nothing like getting soup on your pants on leg 1!), a pair of gym shoes and a pair of decent "goin out/walking around" shoes. Arguably it's easier to pack for international since you really only have one or two locales to plan for instead of three to five like with the "MSP on Monday, MIA on Tuesday" domestic flying.

PS. Don't be like the FAs and pack five overstuffed bags because you're planning to import 35lbs of yogurt, butter and cheese along with nine bottles of wine because "it's SOOO much better in Europe". It isn't. You can usually get as good or better from Trader Joe's or a local specialty shop for about the same price and without the hassle.