View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 04:41 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
But wait....don't stop there...you too can have not 1...not 2...not 3....and no, not even 4 bags...but act now and you can be like some flight attendants and have 5...count 'em , 5 bags to do a 3 or 4 day international trip. CALL NOW!!! The other commuters love it when you commute home at the end of one of those trips with your 5 bags and then stick ALL of them in the overhead.

Personally, I have used a 22" most often with the clip on but sometimes also the 26" . I've done 14 day warm weather trips with hotel paid laundry quite easily....the European and Asia 9 day winter trips usually necessitate the 26" That extra 4' provides little more room to add a wind breaker and sweater/heavy shirt and or sandals(for summer) and a few more work out shirts....usually I wash my workout gear in the sink and a lot of gyms have the spinner to wick the dri-fit clothes to almost dry right quick like. Most hotels have an umbrella that you can use for inclement weather, for walk arounds in pouring rain I have been know to utilize a trash bag condom....works right well for that once a year predicament
Some of the flight attendants practicing to be Himalayan Sherpas have a side business. You never know what might be in those bags. Saw one marched away in handcuffs at customs. Never understood why the customs guys did not take a closer look at crew members with 4 or 5 bags.
One last point in favor of the 22” bag. The 26” is not a legal carryon. A friend spent some time in the CP’s office over that issue commuting home in uniform through ATL. I also once had a flight attendant tell my FE he had to check his 26” when he was working the leg! The bag went and she stayed in EWR.