View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 04:44 AM
Hedley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by DwightSchrute View Post
Hoss,

Although I don’t expect much on a public forum, I wish that you could give even a vague example or two expanding on your last paragraph. I’m curious what you’ve seen recently that brings you to that conclusion. I understand the nature of the relationship (and how it will always be to some degree) between management and employees. However it sounds like you were driving at more specific examples, and I have been feeling more of the “warm fuzzies” lately. What say you?
The company doesn’t appreciate or despise us, we are just another line on a spreadsheet. Their job is to get the associated cost for pilots as low as possible, our job is to go in the opposite direction. Any “warm fuzzies” are deliberate to attempt to get a desired result for the benefit of the company. The day that I figured out that we are just contract labor heavy equipment operators my stress levels went way down. They play their games, we play ours, and it has always been that way. Show up, follow the contract to the letter, and then go home and let someone else deal with it for a few days.