View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 03:38 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
Since nobody asked the question and no clarification was given.(that I saw)...

I could be for a 30 year payscale that starts at the A350 scale Capt & FO for years 1-10 and then adds 4 or 5% every year for years 10 and up to 30...but why stop there.....make it for every year employed.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me....what would be the problem with that?

Assumptions are fun aren't they?
Distributive bargaining.

As a result, all we are discussing is yet another way of taking money from the junior pilots and giving it to senior pilots. Sure it will be very popular until anyone sees what the starting pay rates would be if you did that.

The current system of longevity raises, then a position bump, then bidding power works, balanced by a quality of life kicker just when you are burned out enough and the family time worth making another choice for seems to work and it fits into the common sense justification of "productivity."

Most foriegn carriers with no effective collective bargaining system and much lower pay do use a 5 year scale. They pay their international pilots slightly more than we pay flight attendants and work them even harder. Management would love that arrangement. Thanks for bringing it up.