Thread: First year pay
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 03:17 AM
Recliner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2020
Position: SIC

Originally Posted by FTv3 View Post
Well, covid changed a lot but in a nutshell I became more senior and then changed fleets to align myself with they type of flying I find more palatable. The seniority brought the better schedules, more opportunities for displacements, and better conflicting abilities - all of which helped. Increasing longevity also brought an additional week of vacation which sounds insignificant but you can do a lot with a week’s vacation around here.

All that being said, the schedules I was referring to are still out there. If my seniority had remained stagnant and/or I couldn’t change fleets then I’d have probably looked into reserve or different types of schedules that would require a crashpad and car in Louisville. Easy enough but that’s still several hundred out of pocket every month just to work and then excess downtime in Louisville which I personally don’t care for. Absolute worst case would have been moving to a domicile or within driving distance of one. Or cutting my losses and jumping ship for a legacy...

Thank you for your reply that was really helpful. I'm guessing seniority stagnation isn't something that will occur for the foreseeable future?