Thread: Easter Meltdown
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 07:50 AM
Iceberg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
When? Who? and what after I asked the question? Breezy answered it.

Man you are one angry dude.

Lighten up, life is short.
Ok, here you go.
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
You can't drop trips, no matter what seniority you hold, when you don't have the coverage. Period. About the only time you can have success in our multiple undermanned fleets is on the 20th. That's about the only time you see blue. After that, no bueno.

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Completely wrong. I have never had a issue regardless of manning dropping trips when senior. You bid good trips and place them in open time as Q trips and on the swap board. They go away fast. They get picked up by pilots with vacation credit, pilots bought off trips ect, pilots wanting more pay ect... Good trips don’t hang around. Guys find ways to pick them up.

Originally Posted by Rooster435 View Post
He’s not wrong. Some fleets have it more than others but every fleet has it to some extent. Look at trip coverage for your own category. I counted about a dozen Swap board pickups after schedules were released last month. Seems to be a really big thing in Atl.

When I was on the ER I used it all the time to pickup trips to destinations I could never hold via PBS. Some guys would dump their whole schedule on there and it would be gone in hours. Obviously only works for senior pilots that can get good trips.

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
No. He's not.

I'm on a NB and routinely get things taken off my schedule that was a Q or swap board trip. And if you play your cards right, you can drop multiple trips with a critical coverage pickup.
What makes you think I’m angry?