Thread: Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:31 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Except this is a four year look back rather than a 1 month look back, as are the charts showing net income. That’s a little harder to write off as a blip comparing a pandemic month to a non pandemic (or at least substantially recovered) month. As I’m sure you are aware, Rick.

Do you truly believe that an $8.45 Billion loss is trivial and will have no effect on operations on a company that had less profit than that in the preceding 4 non-pandemic years combined? Truthfully?

And yeah, they are nowhere near their authorized shares - they can sell more - up to twice more their current number

but how many companies do you know that are anywhere close to their authorized limit - which they set themselves at incorporation? And how do you figure selling more stock doesn’t lead to more stock dilution, which was the issue to begin with?
No, I don't think the debt is trivial. I was commenting about presentation of info.

The number of outstanding shares graph doesn't mean much if you don't know the authorized number. 420M to 640M might be a shift from 5% outstanding to 8% outstanding. Or it could be shift from 65% outstanding to 100%. Also matters what % of the total company equity is actually authorized.... if it's 20%, then no biggy even if it's all outstanding (I know AA is higher than that, it's just an example).

Also the graph scale is shifted up from the zero, so at first glance it looks like a bigger jump than it is.