Thread: Easter Meltdown
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 07:09 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
They took a 2 day trip out to PHX and made it a 1 day turn. Totally legit. They can reroute you after sign in and BEFORE you operate your first leg of the original rotation.

You do get paid well for it and it is not a section 23 issue in my case. That only comes in to play during IROP, which we were not under at the time of the re-route.

It's not tag on flying either.

And sailing, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a QOL kinda guy. I burned the candle at both ends in my 20+ years of military flying. I'm done with that.

I bid a QOL type schedule. That is why I get really chapped when I get re-routed (which happens often) out of the blue (e.g. no IROP).
Here are the only reasons you can be rerouted prior to your first flight. Your explanation does not match any of the reasons.

A regular pilot may not be rerouted: prior to the airborne departure of the first flight segment of his rotation. Exception: A regular pilot may be rerouted prior to the airborne departure of the first flight segment of his rotation provided: 1) his rotation begins with a roundtrip within a single FDP that has been delayed, 2) the reroute is for another roundtrip within a single FDP that is scheduled to depart no earlier than his original roundtrip, and 3) he is returned to his original rotation following the roundtrip into which he is rerouted.

What you stated: You are sitting in the seat for the first leg of the rotation. Checklists done, just chatting. 20 minutes from push and you get re-routed. Like get up leave the jet you are on to go to another gate and operate a different trip...That should have pushed 10 minutes ago.

Your rotation was not delayed and you were rerouted into a rotation that reported prior to yours. Illegal on both accounts.