Thread: Easter Meltdown
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 02:00 PM
Drum
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: 3+ hour sit in the ATL

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
If, as you stated, it was legal per the contract, then it sounds like you have more an issue with the contract than the company.
There are a multitude of items I am not happy with in the contract. However you can't honestly sit there and tell me the kompany is absolutely held harmless for their actions? How many grievances we have now?

Baby steps? I think we a well beyond that given the actions of the kompany as of the past 19 months. But I expect that we can close some of the many loopholes. QOL type stuff. I really hate fly now grieve later. I really hate the latitude we gave the kompany for being able to re-route us. Have us sit "airport ready reserve" (that's not in the contract is it? yet those 2+ hour sits in the ATL are just that).

DH.

Scope.

Honoring the bid.

GS Trigger.

AE's (how we liking that 365 - better not have any plans for the year)

Training scheduling.

The list goes on and on.....china flu was a distraction. Where are we now in the process? How many sections are still open?

Lots of areas to improve in our contract. Some will take some investment, some are low hanging fruit. If the last 19 months has taught us anything is that words have meaning and we must insure our contract language is pretty dang airtight. Give them .5microns of space and they will ram something thru on us, you can bank on it.

Yes I write my reps. I think they are getting pretty tired of hearing from me. I endeavor to persevere. Hope and change right?