Thread: Easter Meltdown
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 02:41 PM
Flying Monkey
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MadDog gear slinger

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
There are a multitude of items I am not happy with in the contract. However you can't honestly sit there and tell me the kompany is absolutely held harmless for their actions? How many grievances we have now?

Baby steps? I think we a well beyond that given the actions of the kompany as of the past 19 months. But I expect that we can close some of the many loopholes. QOL type stuff. I really hate…..blah blah blah
I’m certain I didn’t say anything in my post about the company being held blameless.

I just don’t get whining about a legal reroute that you got premium pay for. I left a desk job 24 years ago knowing I would probably never have a 9-5 schedule anymore. There are too many variables in airline ops to have everything run perfectly all the time. That is why we have reroute language in the contract. **** happens. The contract is a give and take. Flights need to be covered, and in certain instances we get extra pay for it. Does the company seem to ignore the contract on occasion. Seems so. Do pilots do the same? Seems so. Neither is right. I for one am happy where I am. I’ll agree though, lots to be improved on.

Note: blah blah blah added for emphasis.