View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 05:45 PM
Broncofan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
I have been commuting to 756 reserve in EWR for a few months now, and I have really enjoyed it honestly. I have had good luck picking up trips to occupy my reserve time, and because the stages are generally so long (both domestically and internationally) on your last day, its hard to get anything added to your schedule that you would be legal for.

There is a thing on the 756 called 'global reserve' where you can be assigned a global (think international long haul) trip into your days off (they will be restored) but we have enough reserves right now (and limited global flying) where that has not been a factor for me yet.

I am having a blast on the 756, and the flying is easy - long legs, minimal delays, and good overnights. Plus, there are a TON of unsigned 756 FO positions right now in EWR (and eventually SFO/LAX/DCA) so a line might not be as far off as you think.

Welcome aboard!
all that is true. 756 is a great fleet. My only argument would be to try the 737, get a line, and see if you hate it. If you do, great go to the 756 as soon as you can. Whereas on the 756, you can’t bid down to the 737 if you hate it for 2 years.