View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 06:19 PM
SSlow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: baller, shot caller

Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
Wife and I are giving some serious thought to the idea of moving to one of our bases, with her and I both leaning more towards Florida. Obviously this leaves us with two bases, MCO and FLL, but my question for those that live there is locations/towns/areas that are popular among our pilots.

Currently an FO, so if you have options that change based on income, lets keep that in mind, however I would love to also hear about spots that a slightly higher CA pay scale might afford. Our kids are older and out of the house now, so we have that going for us.

I dont mind a 2 hour drive, so that is kind of my limit in terms of distance from base. I have heard the west coast area like Tampa Bay/Sarasota are doable, but would also like some ideas on the east coast.

Any help or ideas, personal experience etc would be appreciated.

Thanks
I've lived in both the MCO and FLL metro areas, and they are completely different besides the fact that both have horrible traffic with Orlando being slightly worse. I can help with any specific questions you may have but the general consensus from the pilot group is to save your money and live outside of the cities in the areas already mentioned in this thread.