View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 09:57 PM
BigZ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
ONE of the problems with the flow equation is that if AA hires MORE than 80 in a month, there is a loss for ENY because Mgt definitely won’t let more than 20 go in a month. If the equation is truly 25% of new hires for the YEAR but I don’t see how they can really do that. It has to be really per class or at worst per month. But again if you look at a monthly number, what if because of the dates/day of the week they start classes there are three classes in a month with 40 each? That would mean 120 one month and I just don’t see ENY letting an extra 10 pilots go, even if it averages out. Also if looking at it on a YEARLY percentage, what happens if for some reason the music stops again and they quit hiring? What if the total number of ENY pilots was greater than 25% because they flowed more than 25% in a class? Or worse if they were doing less than 25% because they were going to “make it up” at the end of the year??
I wasn't there, but I'd imagine that fine little tidbit was worked into 15-01 just for that reason - to gain more flexibility for the company. Send less when staffing is tough to be exact. But then when the flow stops, so does the recruitment effort. There are only so many cadets and, correct me if I'm wrong, RTP is on hold (?).
With everyone hiring and the outside attrition numbers starting to look healthy, a real effort will need to happen to #MEGA