View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 02:49 PM
ThumbsUp
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by ChoppedTone View Post
As a new hire, what kind of reserve schedules can one expect on the 73 or 320? How many days a month? How many blocks are they broken into and what say would we have in that? Is that a function of seniority and PBS?

Same with lines in the junior domicile on the 73 and 320. Once we can start holding a line, what kind of trips do most of those look like? Do they very pretty significantly or can one expect a 4 on 3 off type line? Is that a PBS option that seniority can influence?

I’ve never used PBS so unfamiliar with how it pairs up the trips. As a commuter, I’m just trying to have a reasonable expectation of how many commutes a month I should expect for the first few years, or more. EWR for now, then ORD once I can get there.

Cheers!
1. 13 days off will get you guarantee. How it’s minced up is dependent on how you bid and your relative seniority.

2. What your schedule looks like varies with how proficient you are with PBS (it’s on par with programming in FORTRAN and equally archaic), what the breakdown of 1,2,3,4-day trips are and a lot of other factors. Even as a junior lineholder, though, I never felt like I got something that I thought was terrible. I also used a PBS service when I was new to get the programming language down.