View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 02:48 AM
DirtyPurple
Not a real airline pilot

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: Cargo > Pax

My understanding of the secrecy centers around not laying all cards on the table, in public, during contract negotiations. And frankly, I support it.

I also realize that others may vote differently based on past experiences at this airline and other airlines. This is how the system is supposed to work, right? I don't fault others for having different perspectives on family, investing, commuting, lie flat seats, bidding, etc.

I'm willing to let the process work. I don't normally don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. Roughly 35% of the seniority list has been hired since the last contract. Opinions on the new retirement plan are wildly varied from pilots I fly with, and also my vintage hire dates. I will see the details in the TA, and vote my mind from there. Seems straightforward to me.

This perspective is not designed to inflame or negate others views on here. TonyC, I can see where you're coming from buddy. You seem like a smart dude. That doesn't mean I'm inclined to agree with everything you say. That's no personal attack either...we can disagree! I appreciate your union work and detail-oriented thought processes you share on here. You're one of the few non mud-slinging brainless posters on here. I'll see what the TA says and make my decision from there.