View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 06:43 PM
BrianH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Let's get back to the point of this thread.

DFT, AVA, or any other flying is protected in the contract, you can do it if you wish. If you wish not, that is also your right.

Conflating that issue with the CAN testing muddies the waters. CAN is going to do what they are going to do. The fact that the company knew and did not tell us, that's the problem. Others have said possible motivations, but to be clear I can think of no reason where they were putting their people first as the reason. This is concerning.

The fact that the union told us right away was the right thing to do and I thank them for letting us know.

Does this change my thought process when called next, most likely. Will I change my bidding strategy, again most likely. The one thing I did was call my reps and thank them for getting the information out to the pilots unfiltered.

Unity works both ways. I don't scold either of my puppies randomly. I scold then when one of them relieves itself on my new hand knotted oriental rug that I bought with all the extra money I have been earning. That is how the puppies know what upsets me. And when they learns what I am asking them to do, they get a lot of love. That is how things work. It really is just that simple. Admonish bad behavior, reward good behavior, wherever you find it.