View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 11:03 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
I don’t know, I’m wondering. Did a private entity do this, or the Chinese government? Would running bodily fluids tests in this country without your permission be legal in this country (unless done by the police), I doubt it. Then again, in China, perhaps anything done to anyone directed by the CCP is legal.
I'm guessing this would be legal in America. If you stay at a hotel then the room is the property of the hotel. Once you leave the hotel it's their property and you have zero attachment to it. It'd be a responsible precaution for both workers and future guests to check it for Covid to prevent the needless spread of this thing. If they found evidence of Covid then they'd have a responsibility to tell you.

Maybe coordinating with the government would be a bit much... In China the gap between the government and a private entity is completely blurred so it's cut and dry there. There they can and will do whatever they want to you. The only thing they need to worry about is infuriating the company or pilot group (or both) so bad that we simply refuse to go there.