View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 04:02 AM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
The reps dont ratify a contract. We do. Has orange paint been brought forth in a TA to be voted on? How about purple or grey? Now you see how you made my point for me.

I have flown with numerous people who have said they are open to look at other A plan options. They specifically say when they fly with an individual that is vehemently opposed to anything else they purposely go along with them to avoid conflict.

The reps aren't the sole votes to ratify a contract, but they are the ones who decide whether or not to send it to the membership.

The NC and MEC knows what color they are asking for, they just won't tell us. Do you really think they are submitting a proposal that says we prefer this color, but if you don't like it, our second and third choices are this? If so, then we are paying for the labor to paint the house, but allowing the contractor to pick the color. If we don't like the color, we can change it, but have to pay for the labor again. Why not let us pick the color we want first?

So, these pilots tell you that they go along with others to avoid conflict, but when they talk to you and agree with you, they aren't trying to avoid conflict? Yeah, sounds about right!