View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 08:36 AM
flyingmonkeys
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

HIMS is complete travesty at the moment. The author speaks many truths. Maybe some of it is heavy handed but I have found this book to be very truthful. Pilot extortion, corrupt psychs and ame’s in each other’s pockets to extort $$ from the aviator to maximize their profits. I personally know (including myself) no less than 6 pilots that have been railroaded by the highly intrusive HIMs program. I’ve been sober for over 5 years. I’m talking careers ended. Lost jobs at majors. Families ruined. This is in an aftercare group of maybe 30 pilots. So 1 in 5. When the consequences are the loss of job/medical certificates/license is on the line this unacceptable. The FAA has complete control of every facet of the aviators life. Pretty sure it violates human rights but I’ll save that discussion for the lawyers that are getting involved. They know this and and coerce the pilot into submission. They says he pilot has no power. The more the speak up the more they are punished. This is fact. If you’re in Hims today you already know these truth. It’s a hopeless place to be. They say they want acceptance but really what they want is control and utter domination and resignation. It’s a fine line and the FAA and AME’s take advantage of this. Hims chairmen now are telling people to avoid the program now and try to get help on their own. This should tell you everything you need to k ow about the current state of the program. It’s sad but it’s what it has become.

Been in Hims for >5years. Got my medical, got it revoked while I was in full compliance of my SI. Everyone in HiMS will be in until they retire or quit. There’s is no end in sight and it’s time someone takes these people down.

Last edited by flyingmonkeys; 08-11-2021 at 08:46 AM.