Thread: K2
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 10:15 AM
Jetpowered
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: B-737 capt

Originally Posted by DVNO View Post
So K2 doesn't have home basing, a shame. What do the hours per month look like out there for someone who has zero Part 121 time looking out towards a future upgrade. Is it worth adding a FE Turbojet Written to my resume to secure a job, or just apply for a FO position? What do your seat locks look like, or are you pretty much glued to whichever fleet you started on? Do the 727s all smell like horses or are the cockpits just regular ancient freight hauler smell? What am I not asking that I really should know.
Well, we do have home basing with a twist. If you're going to YIP, then that is your base and you get there on your own. There is no 737 flying in YIP and very little 727 flying there. The planes mostly fly out of CVG and Miami. But if you do go to YIP, the company provides hotels, so no matter where you go with K2, you will never have any lodging expense. I would recommend against the FE thing, just because that is a dying career unfortunately. The 727s don't smell, but they are old because they are 727s, but they are well maintained. Yes, whichever fleet you end up on you are stuck on because we don't have the ability to switch equipment. That being said, the growth at K2 right now is with the 737s. We used to have DC-9s and when we parked them, all the DC-9 pilots joined us (in seniority) on the 737 fleet. The 727 pilots I'm certain will follow suit and join us on the 737 as soon as they are parked.
Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have and I will do my best to give you a straight answer.