View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 05:25 PM
Route66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Inclined plane View Post
I did not compare a Pilot speeding to a pilot trying to crash a plane. I said pilots are just people. We are like anyone else. We are supposed to follow all the rules, yet I’m sure not every rule following pilot follows the state law speed limits as they drive on the highway. We are just people. We try to get away with little things, (just like non-Pilot’s) it’s just human nature. I said that in reference as to why random security checks at KCM are there. They keep us honest. We know there’s a chance we’d get randomly selected and therefore the risk/reward ratio of doing something completely illegal is NOT worth it. I believe that if we never had random checks, there would absolutely be some that take advantage of the trust in us afforded by system and try to get away with some shady things. It’s a not a big deal to go through security. You make it sound as if it is. I find no need to unify Pilot’s into a single list as you suggested, all because of a perceived uptick in random selections at KCM. It’s well, not rational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suggestion of a single list doesn’t stem from the security perspective. It stems from the “ world is changing” position and its time to change with it if you want stronger contracts. You suggest “some that take advantage of the trust…. Shady things.” I used to carry pocket knives, multi tool, corkscrew, etc. before 9/11 and I never crashed a plane into a building. You mean like carrying my personal firecracker stash from LAX to Hong Kong? Or maybe you are referring to us possibly being drug running mules, in which case TSA doesn’t really look for it. It is a big deal because I know first hand random crew member checks have increased severely and they are all complaining about it. We need the optics of it is all you can really say. It has no teeth. Oh, BTW, even if you are randomly selected, you can simply discard whatever “shady” item you’re referring to into the trash bin and carry on with life. I’m thinking you don’t even fly for a living and even if you do you haven’t been around much.