Thread: Vaccine Stance
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 09:38 AM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Last two times I’ve been tested at the AOC, the nurses there said they are getting 3-4 pilots testing positive each day. Almost all are vaccinated. Israel just published an 800,000 person study saying vaccinated people are 13 times more likely to be infected with the delta variant of COVID than people with natural immunity, and 27 times more likely to have symptomatic infection than people with natural immunity. Requiring every Fedex employee to take a vaccine that is now showing less than 40% effectiveness against the latest COVID variants, and is already being recommended for boosters after 6 months is not a strategy for success at FedEx. Especially when so many employees already have the more effective natural immunity.
Previous Covid Prevents Delta Infection Better Than Pfizer Shot

I’m not sure what you mean by 40% less effectiveness. Everything I’ve read is that cases don’t matter. It’s hospitalizations (flattening the curve) and deaths. And that the vaccine is preventing the overwhelming majority of those here. That it’s almost exclusively those not vaccinated who are being hospitalized and dying. Not that that means FedEx will mandate it. No one knows that.