Thread: Allentown
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 01:04 PM
TFAYD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by AntiPeter View Post
The city of Allentown is poor and violent. Check the news. I wouldn't dare send my child to a public school there.

Drugs and violence do exist in rural areas too, which is why I wouldn't recommend the Lehigh Valley.

Consider Nazareth. it is one of the better school districts in the Lehigh Valley, and one of the better areas...there are a lot of nice subdivisions surrounding the Borough proper. But...

In December there was a shooting in the town itself. A few weeks ago there was a shooting on a weekend morning outside of the Target store in Lower Nazareth. A car full of drugs was found in Nazareth a few weeks ago, and just yesterday a dead body was found in the woods adjacent to the community pool.

This is one of the better areas in the Lehigh Valley.

I would advise against the Lehigh Valley. The far Northeast suburbs of PHL are better. More expensive but better. Some areas of NJ are better. More expensive, but better.

New York City is relatively safe compared to other large cities, I agree. Not sure I would send my child to a public school in NYC though...
stuyvesant high school?