View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 07:32 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
We vaccinated ours so we could go on a family vacation. And they're getting the flu shot this fall. As far as I can tell they don't seem abused.
Gee Rick, I believe you live in California, n’est-ce-pas?

Out of 4 and a quarter MILLION diagnosed cases (and you know darn well a lot of asymptomatic cases were completely missed) the 22.5% of CA residents under 18 had 33 deaths ASSOCIATED (not even necessarily caused by) WITH COVID out of a total 65,585 deaths ASSOCIATED with COVID. By comparison, California annually loses 35 kids five and under from drowning in swimming pools .

The entire youngest half of the population only suffered about 1200 of 65,585 deaths.

Now I’m not anti-vax at all and in fact just got my flu shot for this year (walgren’s has them available) but one can readily understand that vaccinating the kids has a much lower risk/reward ratio than….well, than ANYBODY else. It begs the question of if immunizations for that age group are truly for the sake of the kids at all, because the risk isn’t there. So is this push to speed up immunization approval for those under 12 really for the kids?