View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 06:10 AM
flyguy23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

I’d say you’re in a good position where either choice won’t come with much if any regret, and your career is in a great spot, which is a blessing in itself. The only thing I’ll add has to do with culture and the negative perception UPS has. While it is an extremely odd management setup, and UPS absolutely does not care about you in the least, it’s a fantastic job if you just look at it for what it is. Come to work, do your job, go home, and it’s an amazing life with many benefits. The IPA had made it this way and deserve a million thanks.

I’ve worked at several airlines and I’ve yet to see a great or even good management labor relationship. So while UPS does come with unique challenges, it’s not very different from other airlines if you ask me. Our contract and union stand out far beyond anything I’ve seen or even heard about though.

Last thing I’ll add being an SDF native is QOL is top notch and the sole reason I picked UPS. You can have a great career anywhere for the most part, but being home with family cannot be over valued.