View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 01:31 PM
symbian simian
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by Thedude86 View Post
1. Does a recommendation from the NIH count? Or are you the one that gets to decide which government agencies we listen to and which ones we don’t to fit your argument?

2a. It actually is approved by the FDA for human use. It just doesn’t have a high enough profit margin to be specifically approved for Covid use.
2b. It actually has been prescribed by thousands of doctors (in this country)
2c. It actually has no real side effects unless you overdose for being an idiot. I can overdose on Tylenol if I don’t take it as directed. If side effects are your issue… it’s listed side effects are no worse than Tylenol or Advil per the FDA. If side effects are your issue… the vaccine’s listed side effects are much worse, and while rare, does include death. Per the FDA. If you’re worried about side effects from Ivermectin but not the vaccine… you’re a hypocrite.

2d. Ivermectin is recommended for refugees to the U.S. BY THE CDC to be used for 2 days before entering the country. The CDC’s website does say it’s recommended for other illnesses, but last I checked we weren’t in a global horse illness pandemic.

3. Why’s it matter if it’s recommended by the CDC or not? Your argument is that a private company can do whatever it wants. What if it’s something not medically related? You clearly only believe that because it’s something you agree with…. this time.
Show me were the NIH recommended Ivermectin , studies from third parties in pubmed don't count. The CDC does not recommend Ivermectin for covid. It matters to me if the CDC recommends something, because I know I can't do my own research and I reluctantly somewhat trust the CDC. I know Ivermectin is a wonderful drug for humans against parasitic worms hence the Nobel prize, and has shown promise against some viral diseases, but I am not convinced it's a wonder drug against covid, and has not been prescribed/recommended for use against covid, at least not in any significant number.
Having said that, it's cheap, and has low side effects, so I would have no problem if it there was a big scale clinical trial here in the US. I would not hesitate to join. I do not believe there is a big pharma conspiracy to keep us hooked on expensive drugs, and that the governments are complicit in this. So https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19 to me means we are probably stuck with the vaccine and masks for now.

You keep reciting the numbers in Israel and Iceland as a warning vaccines don't work, but although their numbers are higher than they were earlier, they are still far lower, especially death rates, when compared to the states, and especially with individual states with lower vaccination rates. Pretty much all children in the States are required to get their shots before going to school (and the places where they don't suffer from it, see measles), military, same, and yes, I have no problem with an employer mandating that as a condition of employment. Might come back and bite me in the a$$, if they can enforce that, what else can they mandate, yes, you are right to be worried about slope.