Thread: Vaccine Stance
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 07:39 AM
86Gremlin
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: DC-3 / Braniff

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
The undermanning is because people are getting sick of putting up with the BS. My neighbor is trying to get out of the ER because she's sick of the mad house that unvaccinated people are creating. She thinks they should be told to go home without treatment. My uncle is an ER doctor in Pensacola. He claims he has PTSD from this nonsense and agrees with her that we should start turning unvaccinated Covid patients away. Personally I agree with them. If you want to be an internet doctor then go be an internet doctor and treat yourself instead of abusing the system. Your body. Your choice. Your repercussions.
1) The staffing challenges are caused by a multitude of reasons. OPTEMPO, pay, working conditions, vaccine mandates to name a few. Everyone has different reasons why they are unhappy with their job. Talking in absolutes doesn't contribute to any meaningful dialogue.

2) These anecdotes are extremely hypocritical. We have a privatized medical system in this country. If your family members are so "disgusted" with the unvaccinated then they have the option to seek employment elsewhere. But wait, it would really suck for them to have to choose between their paycheck and changing employers wouldn't it?

3) I agree with you, I think the majority of people would be better off educating themselves on their own healthcare. The majority of of skilled workers are pretty "average" in their career fields, pilots included, and this is no different in the medical industry. It makes sense that people screaming so loudly to trust the "medical professionals" would mindlessly believe the government has their best interest in mind as well.