Thread: Vaccine Stance
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 06:48 PM
86Gremlin
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: DC-3 / Braniff

Originally Posted by hoya saxa View Post
Your rights end where mine begin. And right now the unvaccinated folks exercising their freedom is impinging on my rights to live my life without daily hassles, free travel and the assurance of available hospital resources if I or my family need them. I give zero f’s about your opinions to the contrary, based on some lady you watched on YouTube or fringe “news” sources peddling conspiracies for profit. And that’s coming from a libertarian-leaning conservative who hasn’t spent a moment in fear of Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such strong words! I also don't think you understand what being a libertarian is because that is not how your freedoms work. I think what you are looking for is "authoritarianism". Now if you are "libertarian minded", I agree with you that your right to freedom shouldn't be interrupted, HOWEVER, you need not be looking at your fellow citizens but your own government. Although they would love for you to believe that this is all the unvaccinated's fault, your government is the organization that has restricted your travel and brought hassle to daily life. Your language sounds pretty fearful.

This is for your education:

Libertarian

"Libertarianism is a political philosophy and movement that upholds liberty as a core principle. Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and political freedom, emphasizing free association, freedom of choice, individualism and voluntary association."

Authoritarian

"Favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom."

Some famous authoritarians in history:
- Bashar Al-Assad
- Kim Jong-Un
- Joseph Stalin
- Fidel Castro
- Saddam Hussein

Now remind me, which one of these is you?

Last edited by 86Gremlin; 09-15-2021 at 07:10 PM.