Thread: Time to stop politicizing Ivermectin

Thedude86 , 09-17-2021 07:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Thedude86
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2017
Quote: Can you provide a source that it has great antiviral properties. I searched trying to find studies supporting that statement. This is the closest thing I could find. It appears there has been very limited testing in humans and those tests showed it ineffective against covid.

Much of the argument for ivermectin from people outside the medical community seems to stem from a laboratory study published in the journal Antiviral Research in June. That study detailed the effect of ivermectin on SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in a lab setting, and found that one treatment of ivermectin in a cell culture caused a 5,000-fold reduction in SARS-CoV-2 at 48 hours. The study’s researchers concluded that ivermectin “warrants further investigation” for a possible benefit in people to treat COVID-19.
For antiviral properties, this is an article from the Journal of Antibiotics on Nature.com in 2017. It specifically mentions RNA viruses which is what covid is. It says Ivermectin has demonstrated to be a potent inhibitor of RNA viruses
https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

I like how the other article acts like there’s only one study that supports Ivermectin. There’s hundreds now. Peer reviewed, hospitals, universities, thousands of doctors using it in millions of patients around the world, countries advocating for it, and they all show success. There isn’t ONE unbiased study that shows Ivermectin doesn’t work. Yet, there are now hundreds of studies and millions of real world examples that show it does.

The people trying to discredit Ivermectin make me laugh. You guys are going to be taking Pfizer’s version of it and Merck’s new version of it in several months anyway. Why are you guys trying so hard to discredit something that’s going to be shoved down our throats later this year or early next year? They’ve already been testing it for several months already. Emergency authorization is just around the corner. I posted the article a few pages back.

Trying to discredit all the millions of successful cases of Ivermectin use is like if the 1996 basketball Olympic Dream Team played a high school team a million times and kicked their butts every single time. You guys would claim, “well according to the FDA there’s no evidence the dream team will win again if they play one more game”.