View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 12:05 PM
Pilotchute
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Regionalnewbie View Post
Hi all,

Newbie here. Currently in class in STL and about to hit up EWR as the new base. Couple of questions... A few of you have mentioned Jersey City and Hoboken as awesome places to live. You're right it does look good, and I'm keen to get over there. can anyone recommend apartments in these areas that are furnished ? I'm coming in with no furniture of belongings so would need a furnished place. Unsure how it works so some info would be good. Is there a particular area in Hoboken where a lot of the tech crew reside ? ie complex or location ? It's always good commaraderie if you're hanging around the crews so you can catch up for a brew or a coffee etc. Also, is is difficult to get to EWR on the train from Hoboken Station ? someone mentioned from Penn, you had to catch a bus down to EWR. Can you get a train the whole way through ?

So in short... Names of apartment complexes that look good ? and travel to and from Hoboken to EWR.

Thanks

also - anyone had a look at Urby in JC ? Or know of anyone in this location ?

Ta Newbie.
Hi. Do you want to rent a room or a whole apartment? If you want to rent your own apartment then Hoboken and JC are out of your price range on an FO salary. Minimum of $1500 pm in Hoboken for 1 bedroom. Furnished is more.

I don't know any regional FO who lives in Hoboken or JC that don't have roommates.