Thread: Vaccine mandate
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 07:49 PM
nibake
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by EhV8R View Post
Really? The time stamp of the email means that much to you? Perhaps management came to a decision towards the end of the day and simply wanted to give everyone as much time as possible to plan accordingly.

Also, if you would prefer the status quo, let me point out that our contract already would prevent you from ever flying again here anyway if you don't have a vaccine that is required for a trip - which by law will be pretty much everything. Section 26.DD

And while I think everyone has the responsibility to make their own decisions about their personal situation, I think that the company has the same right. A great thing about America is you have the freedom to leave and seek employment elsewhere!

If you decide it's not worth it, I hope you find excellent work elsewhere, and quickly (especially if you're senior to me).

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
Yes. Friday evening emails and then head for the hills is classless. It shows a lack of leadership. Otherwise, especially with no other specifics beside a date which is about 6 weeks in the future, why couldn't you wait until Monday morning? Also, why not put your name on it? This is a big deal that could costs multiple pilots their livelihoods, or face the decision of risking their health. We got emails to soothe our emotions if we felt upset by police shooting criminals but we don't even get a modicum of understanding in this case?