View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:38 AM
chihuahua
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Just to add to that-

Let's keep ALL the insulting remarks out of the conversation. I know many are not happy for what breeze pilots are earning pay wise but calling them cockroaches and scabs is way over the top.
This thread isn't even about Breeze anymore. Anyone that tries to talk about Breeze gets ignored by people arguing about Eastern scabs and if Allegiant pays more than Delta. Don't get me wrong, the gripes about pilots undercutting each other are legitimate and should be frustrating to everyone, but reality is that isn't going to change anytime soon and these companies know it. Just go look at the 20 somethings hired at any regional these days, sure the pay is a little higher, but the shiny jet syndrome is all the same.

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
I apologized for saying the S word in a backhanded way, but I will agree directly that it isn't appropriate to this situation.

It's frustrating to those of us who have spent a lifetime in this industry, fighting to raise the standards, to see young pilots come along willing to do the job for less, without remorse. I just really don't have a good answer to that. Even when we saw "startups" like People Express, Kiwi, and Jet Blue, they offered industry standard pay, or other forms of compensation (stock) to woo pilots into taking a risk on a startup. Nowadays, it's pure SJS (Shiny Jet Syndrome for you youngsters who may have never heard the term). We can't compete with that. It dumbs down the entire industry.

But out of respect to you and Rick, I'll say no more on this topic.
Is it possible that one of the key selling points about Breeze is also the bases and schedules are nothing like what you get at a standard airline and some people just want that kind of change of pace, and unlike Allegiant it's still probably possible to hold a desired base in not that long or straight out of class? Is Breeze really hiring "young" pilots that don't know any better and have shiny jet syndrome, or are they hiring the guys that might have flown at a regional for a bit, 121 supplemental, 91K, 135, and want something that gives them a better QOL if they live in one of the bases? While yes, pay should always be better, some guys may have just come to the conclusion that in this career you either get good pay or good QOL, but you rarely get both, and is it possible Breeze might be the right fit for some people from that perspective and they're not trying to be scabs or hurt some other airline's pilots?