View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 05:43 PM
V4LKYR1ExONE
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
No worries that you won’t consolidate, depending on when you get hired and how fast IOE. We have new FOs flying 90+ right now, cause they know who to play with crew scheduling. You can pick up while on reserve and a lot of people don’t know that.
LOL. I’ve been waiting TEN WEEKS for IOE. Only TWO of my classmates from a May hire class have cleared IOE. So YES, the rest of us are worried about consolidation. Perhaps if I get an IOE assignment THIS coming week, and get all 25 hours in one trip (which is unlikely based the trip bids), then I’ll be able to work with scheduling to get the rest of the time within the remaining 37 days. However, I think it’s more practical to be realistic. The good news is there’s still the 30 day extension to take the pressure off, if I can get an IOE assignment soon. The bad news is there’s over 140 pilots behind me in training and no signs that the attrition issue will resolve itself soon. The company can barely hire fast enough to replace their losses. Rumor has it they are prioritizing line check airmen training to resolve the IOE bottleneck, but there is still a wait for the FAA to get the LCAs approved.