View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 12:05 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
To be completely honest....One way to get many Americans to NOT to do something, is to try and force or coerce them into doing it. I highly suspect that a lot of people refusing to take the vax are doing so largely because they resent the government (specifically Biden) telling them that they MUST. Biden & Co know this which is why the issue has now become about control, and not about health. If they had simply said "we strongly encourage everyone to get the vax" it would have become a non-issue and most people probably would have. But instead they tried to ram it down everyone's throats, thus the pushback. And lots of good people and businesses caught in the middle.

One commentator I saw this morning hit the nail on the head when he said this has moved out of the realm of public health and instead they are in the middle of a culture war trying to decide policy which never works out so well. This was of course by design.
Sorry, it's the opposite. The mandate came after everyone had the chance to get the vaccine (for any of the 50 states) AND several months passed. There was no convincing them. They didn't want it, period. If they did, they would have taken it. But I agree with you that coercing them makes them even more angry and POed. In the end though, I think most nearly all will take it over threat of losing their job.