View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 06:55 AM
Tpinks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
That's a bummer. Is that the reason someone way back in the thread said they wouldn't be doing E-Jet types till January 2022 or something like that?

Any idea what the new bases will be? I know when they were doing proving runs they flew into FLL and MCO, are those next? The mins for the A220 are still kind of high as well, will those be reduced eventually to come more in-line with what they want for the E-Jet, or since it's a new type at a new airline the FAA is being stricter on them?
More or less yes, the issue was we switched from FSI to CAE and CAE from my understanding does not have an Ejet pt142 training program, so they couldn’t do type rating checkrides. Breeze does not have an In house DPE yet so we have to use the FAA which did not have the availability until after new year.

As for A220 mins, they may come down some, but I would expect them to still be higher than the Ejet. With the route structure I believe they are targeting with the A220, they will want people who has more experience than just flying regional jets domestically or local “international” flying.

As for new bases, that is still being kept secret. I’m expecting at least one new base for Q1 for the Ejet and if I had to bet, it will be a city we are already serving. The A220 will likely fly proving runs between our existing bases and or destinations since most of those places have the 220 support structure already in place. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a dedicated a220 base announced in Q1 or Q2 as well... but honestly, nobody on the line truly knows where bases will be.