View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 04:31 PM
V4LKYR1ExONE
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Jptaviation View Post
So I signed up for airline interviews but I don’t know if it will help me much on my interview next week. I’m being told it will be via Microsoft teams online. Can anyone give me details what to expect for the interview ? Thanks.
I did an interview in late March of this year, it was on Teams. I had a ‘panel’ interview, which consisted of a recruiter and a pilot. The recruiter will ask typical HR style questions, verifying your application information and ‘tell me about yourself’ or ‘tell me about a time when’, etc. It’s really not hard to get through the recruiter’s bit if you are capable of answering questions without sounding like a total jerk or complete idiot.

The pilot will focus on technical information. Your IFR knowledge should be very sharp, as most of the questions will be related to IFR operations. If you’re instrument proficient it won’t be too bad. If you aren’t familiar with Lido plates, I recommend you do a little internet search. They’re different than Jepp or Gov plates, and don’t have a briefing strip but if you look around you’ll find all the info you’re used to seeing, just in a different format. You may be asked to describe a system on your current aircraft, or you may be asked very generic multi-engine questions. If you don’t know how a turbine engine even works, or some of the typical uses of bleed air, go find out right now. If this isn’t your first type rating then you’ll likely do fine, but expect the technical questions to scale up to your experience level. If you’re coming in with previous 121 experience you can probably expect a couple of questions regarding those regs.

The whole thing takes about an hour to maybe an hour and a half. I suggest wearing something respectable, just like you would for any in person interview.