View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 04:24 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up Very True, USAF>>

Very True, USAF....

Some warning signs of places to avoid are places that advertise "hard" days off in the single digits, but then you find out that those "hard" days off aren't so hard if an owner trip pops up. Another warning sign is a place where you negotiate for your pay... You don't go to AA, UA, DL, UPS, NJA, XO, Flex, etc. and negotiate your pay. The same goes for places that ONLY hire "Street Captains" and there is very little promotion from within. A final warning sign is the classic bait and switch, when you get hired to fly a Latitude, but when you show up Day 1 to INDOC, you have a Phenom 100 Manual sitting next to your name.

On the other hand, I didn't apply to my current company initially because of trolls right here on this website. While some people have very valid gripes with a company and should be listened to by everyone, there are others who failed Initial Training, IOE, or were terminated and have had a vendetta ever since.. We have several of those trolls here, and no matter what good the Company does for these people's former friends and crewmembers, these trolls will never be happy for us and continue their obsessive grudges for years.

So while I recommend APC Forums, the good and the bad, to everyone applying here now (I am a line pilot who helps out with recruiting), one must be able to filter through the hatred and bile AND the sprinkles and unicorns.. Like many things, the truth is usually somewhere in between.. A Company is often never as good nor as bad as its most extreme advocates/detractors claim. Also, if you are under the Age of 50, you should at least CONSIDER Part 121 or the more established Charter or Fractional Operators.

Personally, I am elated that I ignored the trolls and came here. Thank you for your service to our Nation.

Last edited by B727DRVR; 10-29-2021 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Spelling