Thread: MyIdtravel

JoePatroni , 10-31-2021 08:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off
JoePatroni
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2009
Quote: I’ve had the opportunity to carry pilots from AA and SWA lately. I’ve wanted to ask them how their experience was getting listed online etc and checking in with the agent with record locator in an effort to reinforce the disparity in current “reciprocity “ but I have refrained from doing so as these guys have been almost visibly stressed given their (respective) operational challenges of late (AA cancelled 12% of their flights for today already). I’m glad our JS process is as easy as it can be for offline pilots and welcome them into the spacious 767 or 757 cockpit multiple times per week. At some point I’d like to see the former “friendliest carrier to JS on” get itself together (weight restrictions on a freaking 737?) and become the friendly airline it once was. My expectations for AMR are always low and on my best commute on American years ago, I still had to call and sit on hold to “meal list” before approaching an agent. I now long for an inconvenience that easy with them. Heck, I purchased a ticket for my post thanksgiving commute on Spirit at twice the cost of SWA (mainly due to upgrading to row 1 and paying the carry on bag fee) just to avoid the current SWA climate (don’t even get me started on my own airline’s decision to pull back the hub to hub schedule the day after thanksgiving). The airline world is in an interesting phase of disruption. 2022 will hopefully straighten it all out by year’s end.
Right there with you....my last two jumpseats on SW and AA were an exercise in futility....for a variety of reasons. It would have been nice to just walk up to the gate and list.