View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Jake17
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
Sounds like you applied for the 190. Seniority is TPA MSY CHS ORF, I believe (it keeps changing)

TPA is the most senior base. Popular with in base and commuter pilots. Probably the most productive base. Most likely take at least 6 months if not longer to get in.

Pay is abysmal specially for FO’s. They keep saying there’s a raise coming but for now it’s terrible.

The guys who live in base love it and have great QOL. Most open time is picked up for double time + $500. So there’s opportunities to make extra dough.

PBS has really improved the QOL for the top 50% in each base. The bottom is getting scraps. Upgrade time is between 8-12 months.

Better than a regional (specially if you live in base) still a long way to go to even come close to the other LCC’s

Would be hard if not impossible to go anywhere but Tampa for peanuts. We’re talkin a 40k pay cut if first year FO is ~60. I’m young but that’s too low. If it wasn’t for TPA being the center of it all I’d never consider it. But since it is, and since the camaraderie sounds like my style… I wouldn’t mind seeing my babies every night. I’d like to talk to them. Thanks for the info. Any more feedback is welcome. This thread is pretty tough to weed through