View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 09:04 AM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by Palmtree Pilot View Post
Thanks. I applied 2 weeks ago with 10K hours plus. 2k plus jet PIC and got a TBNT this week. I am too experienced? Has Netjets taken the route of some airlines and only hiring younger less experienced pilots?

“After further review we have determined that your qualifications are not the correct match for our current opening”
Did you get a phone interview?

I think they're still hiring age 65 retirees with tons of time, last month I ran into an retired AA pilot who was one of those and had been there a little over a year. I remember a one point they were backing off on those guys because so many left after the reality of the job hit them (loading bags, cleaning the cabin, etc.). But you could be correct, maybe they don't want to hire someone with the quals to get on with a major airline.

Do you have a college degree?

NetJets values customer service very highly, as much or more so than accomplishments as a pilot. You're flying high net worth individuals around and some celebrities.

If you did not have a phone interview or any direct contract with HR (other than email) I don't know what happened unless it's just something on your resume they didn't like.