View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 05:24 AM
tprangner
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
Lets see here, I'll try and be one more to back you up. Granted these are application minimums and not competitive but...

Great Lakes: Comm ME, Upgrade currently 3 months faster than Gulfstream, sure they have a training contract and you don't get paid during training, and the wages are lower but you'll still have more money in your pocket when all is said and done

Mountain Air Cargo: No posted minimums, just fill out the application. Sure you may fly a caravan for a little while but they have big turboprops and you will make more money then at Gulfstream.

AirNet: Comm SE/ME, Pay is terrible for the props but you're building time, didn't have to pay for it, and can get into a lear jet. Oh, you're still not thousands of dollars in debt.

There are three options where you could get a job right out of training, not be a CFI, and quickly build the required flight time to move on to a bigger regional. All without paying Gulfstream.
I hope jobs like these are still around when I make the mins. I would rather do that then CFI. Thanks for the info.