View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 AM
tprangner
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by de727ups View Post
Apples to Oranges are what you are showing me so far. Nobody does Gulfstream style PFJ besides Gulfstream. It's unique.

The other stuff you mention isn't a PFJ player. RJ programs and hiring agreements are different than paying to act as a required crewmember at a 121 airline. Does that make sense?

But, yeah, I think entering the biz via Gulfstream Academy is not honorable.

"By the way, if Delta had a 737 f/o program and if I was paying 50K to get 737 flight time I would"

Well, I often pose that question to people who think Gulfstream Academy is a good choice and I often hear the answer you give about just buying a job at a major if you could. It's that sort of attitude that guarantees that PFJ will always be around, for a select few, and Gulfstream F/O's will continue to be a revenue source for their airline. It's also certain that people like you are managements wet dream and will help to lower the career expectations for pilots entering the industry for years to come.

I don't know how to say this nicely, so I'll just leave you with this. You have a lot to learn about the biz. Hopefully you'll figure it out before you make any big mistakes.
I'll never attend Gulfstream. Like I said the cheapest route is the best route for me. I cannot afford those schools, nor will I want to. Someday when I'm sitting in the left seat, and my f/o is from Gulfstream, I will not judge him/her unless their ate up.