View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 10:42 AM
Hueypilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: B737

Originally Posted by Surfair View Post
Would it be crazy for a NH at FedEx to leave to go to AA? Live near CLT, married, 2 kids, and only 29 years old. Been going back and forth with this CJO from AA.
Aside from the commuting aspect and potential loss of seniority at FDX...consider if you want to fly cargo (often at night) for a living or pax flying (mostly during the day)? There's plusses and minuses to both. I would've gone to FDX or UPS if hired, but I personally wanted to fly for a pax carrier. Your age works to your advantage...you could stay at FDX or leave and come here and still wind up being pretty senior at either company. IMO, if you'd rather fly pax, not commute, and haven't been at FDX very long (less than a couple of years) you might be happier coming to AA. You'd have to commute for a year or two, since CLT is fairly senior. But you'd have to commute forever or move to a FDX domicile if you stay.

AA's pilot contract is definitely lacking compared to our peers at DAL, UAL and SWA. But all in all, it's a good job and those bad contract provisions tend to only bite me in the ass occasionally, not daily. With any luck, we can get those issues fixed (I like to be an optimist).